Continuing Education Units
TRAINING SCHEDULE FOR 2014
- Compliance Program Fraud Waste and Abuse Training-D1005-14 – A2 This course will describe the role of CMS, the elements of a Compliance Program, pertinent laws and regulations and definitions and examples of fraud, waste and abuse. It will also cover reporting obligations and mechanisms and describe the difference between a Compliance Program and a Corporate Integrity Agreement.
- Blood borne Pathogens (Infection Control) Training-D1003-14 – A1 Healthcare workers are at risk of acquiring blood borne pathogens in their day to day activities. This course covers OSHA’s Blood borne Pathogen Standard (29 CFR 1910.1030)on how one can protect themselves and how to reduce risks.
- Hazard Communication Training- D1002-14 – A3 This course covers the OSHA Hazard Communication Standards and Global Harmonization. You will learn what the Hazard Communication Standard is. You will be able to read and interpret SDS sheets as well as what is required of you and your responsibilities
- HIPAA Privacy and Security Training: D1004-14 – A4 You will learn what is required by the supplier to be in compliance with the HITECH Omnibus rule and the HIPAA Privacy & Security requirements set forth by the Office of Civil Rights. You will be able to understand HIPAA Security and Privacy as well as what is required of you and your responsibilities.
- Sexual Harassment-D1050 (not required by all States) This course covers sexual harassment in the workplace and other forms of discrimination. This class will cover the Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the history since.
- Compliance Education Training, Office Security, fire safety, disaster preparedness and client safety. Standards of Conduct, Compliance Officer contact, complaints, grievances, conflict of interest. (This will be done in-house)
All courses will be completed within the calendar year. Go to www.oanpedu.com to log in and take each course. Once completed, a certificate will be issued. Each employee will be given a login ID to complete this training. This training will be done either at date of hire, annually or throughout the calendar year.